Call for Participation: National Postgraduate Poster Competition 2019 (NP2C 2019)
We would like to inform that the National Postgraduate Competition is open ! The National Postgraduate Poster Competition 2019 (NP2C 2019) is co-organized by the School of Computer Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) and the Faculty of Information Science and Technology, Multimedia University in collaboration with the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Malaysian Chapter. The competition is open to postgraduate students throughout Malaysia, from both public and private higher education institutions. NP2C 2019 finals will be held on 21 August 2019 at USM, Penang and collocated with the USM Computer Science Postgraduate Colloquium (CSPC) 2019.
It is a pleasure to invite all postgraduate students throughout Malaysia, from both public and private higher education institutions to submit a poster presenting your research work. Cash prizes will be awarded to the Top 3 winning posters and IEEE certificates of achievement will be awarded to all the finalists. Take this opportunity to not only share, get feedback and improve on your current research work!
All posters must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another conference or competition. Note that the posters may describe research work that have already been published. It is the posters themselves that need to be original.
- To submit your poster, please click on the following link: https://easychair.org/cfp/np2c
- Poster submission is FREE.
- Please submit your poster in PDF format.
- For the preliminary round, please do NOT put your name or affiliation in the poster to facilitate the blind review process. Each poster will be reviewed by two experts in the domain. Kindly refer to the judging criteria in http://www.cs.usm.my/np2c2019/.
- Posters describe a research topic that falls under one of the competition tracks listed in Competition Tracks section below. The content of your entry must reflect the selected competition track.
- Each participant can only submit a maximum of ONE (1) poster for the competition. This poster will be judged for qualifying rounds to competition finals. No amendment is allowed after the submission has closed.
- All entries must be in English.
- All submitted entries must be of A1 size (594mm x 841mm).
- The deadline to submit your poster is 30 June 2019 by midnight.
- If the participant has been selected to be one of the finalists but wishes to withdraw from the competition, the participant must do so prior to paying the registration fee. Additionally, the participant must inform the organisers about the withdrawal within 3 days of being selected as a finalist.
- The following instructions are applicable only to the 20 selected finalists:
- All participants must bear the cost of printing their own poster.
- A RM70 registration fee will be incurred.
Participants can choose one of the following tracks:
- Track 1: Technology trends/Emerging Technologies
- IoT, Big Data, Blockchain, Smart Cities, Data Analytics, etc.
- Track 2: Intelligent Systems
- Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, Expert Systems, Natural Language Processing, Data Mining, Sentiment Analysis, etc.
- Track 3: Computing Infrastructures
- Security, Networking, Signal Processing, Wireless Communication, etc.
Submission Deadline: 30 June 2019
Finalists Announced: 31 July 2019
Competition Finals @ USM: 21 August 2019
For more information, kindly visit http://www.cs.usm.my/np2c2019/
For any inquiries regarding the competition, please contact: email@example.com.